Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dear Jason

  It's been a while since we saw you, so I want to let you know how the girls and I are doing since you've been gone.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
(But I'm sure I'll add a few in anyway, because, you know me, I like to talk!)

I don't have to tell you Lila is still cute as can be. 

And she still loves pancakes and syrup! 

And Harper still has the best smile this side of the Pecos!

She likes cake. 

And swings. 

But she keeps me in the doctor's office like it's a hobby!

She turned 9 months old...

Lila got sick a time or two, as well.

Harper sits in high chairs at restaurants now.

And plays princess.

Lila looooves for Uncle Joey to throw her up high, like you did. 

She also loves her friend, Emma!

We took our last gymnastics class. It made me sad, but it's time to try dance. 

Then Harper turned 10 months...

And is a handful of trouble!

We go on McDonald's dates before school often. Lila still gets pancakes but now she also eats a "fry" (hashbrown).

Both girls loved Easter. We spent it at Matt's and Joey's houses! 

Lila is looking older to me. Stunning.

We love a little girl talk. 

Seriously, she can put away some pancakes... 

I still have to trick them into napping sometimes by driving up and down I-35W. Mommy wins this one. 

Harper is starting to look older to me, too. Beautiful. 

We went to Jake's birthday party. He's 1 now!! 

Lila ate cupcakes. Are you shocked?

We try to enjoy patios for lunch as long as possible during the nice season. 

I have a lot of pictures of our kids eating! At least this one is chicken and not pancakes...

Harper took her first trip to Walmart. Gross. (You can tell she knows...)

Lila started play therapy. I am looking for ways for her to cope with her grief. She sleeps in bed with me a lot now (a big no-no in the past) and is scared of big noises at bedtime. 

Mother's Day passed... I had a few of my dear friends remember me on a particularly sad day for me. I also spent the day with the girls and Starbucks. 

I even worked out once. I had an allergic reaction to it. Started sweating and turning red, so I stopped :)

Bath time is hit or miss nowadays. This day was a hit. #mohawkbyrequest

Time keeps on ticking, Jason. She turned 11 months...

And then she got this rash! And I freaked out! Don't worry, she's ok. 

She always has a lot to say.

Did I mention that we love patio weather?

The girls play on your dirty clothes. Other than that, your side of the closet is untouched. 

We go to the park...

And shop for lotions & candles on special occasions.  

We play in the sprinklers. Lila calls them "finkle". You would be amazed at how well she is talking now. You can actually have a conversation with her... about little stars that twinkle and whatnot.

We always apply sunscreen beforehand! 

Harper waits with me for Lila at therapy. 

We hung out with friends on Memorial Day weekend and ate lots of watermelon. 

Lila's never under-dressed. She's a lady.

And Harper is thinkin about walking! But not today. 


It's not all beer and skittles though, babe. Harper has had the flu twice more since you saw her last, plus a reaction to antibiotics for a suspected sinus infection, and several other doctor visits for one thing or another. Lila got strep throat and also had to have bloodwork for some poopy problems. I've had to call in to work a few times, but have hardly any hours to take. And Jasper needs braces!! All in 3.5 short months. Lila still asks for you any time she is hurt or sad. She points out any bald man with a similar build to yours and calls him daddy. Stupid morning crossing guard. She got her first bee sting the other day and cried for you until my heart hurt. Stupid bee. He's dead now. I guess my point is that things aren't always as great as the smiles you see here, but we do manage to find some great moments. Don't worry, I got this. But we still miss you.

Love,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment